Saturday, August 4, 2012

We got the keys!

We picked up the keys earlier this week, and have some cosmetic changes that we'd like to knock off right away before moving in, as well as one major project.  On our last house, we would usually jump into projects with so much gusto, that i would often forget to take "Before" shots until it was way too late.  So to prevent that from happening, i brought my camera to make sure i have documentation of how everything looked the day we got the keys.  Here is a home tour of "Befores".  Most of the immediate changes are of the pulling up carpet and repainting variety, so i should have some pretty dramatic "Afters" soon.

Front of house:

Front Vestibule:






Foyer and hall:


Dining room:


Kitchen:


Living room:








Family room - soon to be Adam's nursery:

Front bedroom - soon to be Sidney's nursery:


Back bedroom 1 - soon to become new family room:


The sunroom - soon to become kid's new craft and play area:


Back bedroom 2 - soon to become Sheila's (our live-in care giver) room:


The third floor master suite:


And pretty much as soon as i finished taking these pictures, i swapped my camera for my tools and started ripping out carpet.  What was underneath may shock you, but that'll be the next post.

8 comments:

  1. What?! What was under there?! Love the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can comment. Love the new place and can't wait to see what you do with it. How did you find buying in this market?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the heads up about my comment settings.

    Buying during the 2012 Spring market was pretty crazy. We searched from Feb to mid-May and due to our very specific search criteria we ended up looking at only about 10 houses, just about each one went in multiple offers. And the asking prices were already about 50-100K more than the selling prices from the year before. It'll be interesting to see if the market picks up where it left off when buyers and sellers come back in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! can't wait to see what you have in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was under the carpet?? So curious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    I just found you blog through a photo on Pinterest. Coincidently my husband and I went the the open house of your previous home on Garden Ave. We absolutely loved it! Unfortunately it was out of our price range. We ended up buying just around the corner from your new home - we will be living on Windermere near Annette. The reason I am writing is that we LOVE the work you have done. We were wondering if you were a general contractor? Or if you knew of one that could help us with some small reno's in our new home. Mainly new hardwood floors & custom closets. We were super impressed by your PAX/Custom combination and would like something similar.

    Congrats on all you've accomplished!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and congratulations on your new home, in a fantastic west end neighbourhood. I wish I had someone I could recommend to you without reservation, but the truth is I haven't had much luck with contractors and have learned to be handy because of it. I would definitely check out some of the blogs in my Blog Roll, as many of the writers have had some good experiences with contractors and may be a good source of recommendations,

      Delete
  7. Thank-you for your speedy response Kyle, I really appreciate it. I will look through your blog to see if I can find someone. Good luck with the reno. I'll check in from time to time to see how it is going!

    ReplyDelete